Health and Safety
PLUMBING EXPRESS HEALTH AND SAFETY
At Plumbing Express we stand behind our Health and Safety Policy as set out in the statement below.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Plumbing Express is committed to ensuring full compliance with the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 (H&SE Act) (and all subsequent amendments), the Health and Safety in Employment Regulations 1995 (H&SE Regulations), Code of Practices and any other relevant Standards, Guidelines or Legislation.
To meet this commitment Plumbing Express will provide healthy and safe working conditions for all staff, contractors, visitors and members of the public at this or any other company controlled site.
This is to be achieved through commitment to:
- Consultation between management, employees elected health and safety representatives and staff members in health and safety management and practices in the workplace.
- Conducting health and safety work place and/or toolbox meetings at least quarterly. These meetings shall consist of management and elected staff representatives to present and review any issues.
- Annual reviews of management performance against health and safety responsibilities and performance.
- Provide the appropriate training for senior management and staff in health and safety awareness, understanding, management and responsibilities.
- Take all practicable steps to eliminate, isolate or minimize workplace hazards and to provide all personal protective equipment for staff to wear where applicable
- To provide a safe working environment for all staff and any others that may come into contact with Plumbing Express or their activities.
- An annual self-assessment of our Health and Safety System by management and safety representatives setting objectives, plans and performance measures with targets, set so that we can make continuous improvements to our system.
- Ensure all staff are committed to health and safety and aware of their responsibilities to provide a safe work environment for themselves and each other.
- Accurately reporting and recording of all workplace incidents, near misses and accidents and identifying appropriate follow-up to avoid reoccurrences
- Supporting and promoting a safe and early return to work, when possible, of any injured staff through Prompt treatments and active rehabilitations.
- Appointing a senior manager with specific responsibility to co-ordinate health and safety in the workplace.
- Provision of resources to accomplish these goals